To keep you updated on your child's education, please visit our class blog here - https://www.stokesleypa.org.uk/blog/category/year-six-blog
Here are the pieces of homework created by Miss Holden's class based on the Titanic.
Useful information for Parents
Planners need to be in school every day!
- Spellings - handed out on a Monday and tested on a Monday. In addition the children will be tested each half term on 20 words from the Year 5/6 Spelling List
- Topic - One word homework each half term. This needs to be quality and can be produced with adult support.
- SATs revision homework will not be given at various times.
Reading: The single, most important way you can help your child in Year Six is to read with them every day. Keep it short and enjoyable and discuss what has been read. Please record in your child's planner.
PE: The children will need outdoor PE kit on Fridays and indoor PE kit on Mondays. Please ensure that the children's PE kits (both indoor and outdoor) are left in school throughout the term in case we change our PE days. Earrings MUST NOT be worn for PE.
The School Day
08:55 - Children collected from the school playground.
09:00 - 09:10 - Registration and Morning Task
09:10 - 10:15 - Core Lessons
10:15 - 10:30 - Break Time
10:30 - 11:30 - Core Lessons
11:30 - 12:00 - Key Skills
12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch
13:00 - 15:10 – Foundation Subject Lessons
- SATS Week - Monday 11th May- Thursday 14th May 2020
- Tag Rugby - Wednesday 25th March 2020.
- Sportshall Athletics - Thursday 13th February.
All children in Year Six are encouraged to take on a role or responsibility. For example, buddies, librarians, KS1 readers.